Please join YBD on Saturday, May 12th from 10:00-4:00pm to celebrate our new location, 622 Allegheny River Blvd, Oakmont.
- Introduction of Skacel's New Fall Line by Donna McGrannahan. Twenty new fibers along with trendy and stylish patterns to get a sneak-peak of.
- Meet our instructors...YBD will be offering FREE classes throughout the day. Pre-registration is advised.
- Door Prizes, Raffles, SALE and yummy treats!
Click here for details
FREE Class Schedule:
10:30-11:30 Chemo Cap with Judy Schiavi
- Knowledge of K & P, Dec and the Kitchener Stitch
- Supplies to bring: Circ Ndls #6 and #9 (16”), #8 (any
length), stitch markers, crochet hook, tapestry ndl.
Yarn will be donated by YBD!
11:30-12:00 How-to-Knit with Marilyn Huey
- Basic worsted weight yarn
- Knitting needles size 7-8 (US)
12:00-1:00 Drop Spinning with Devon Yorkshire
Come and join us for a quick and easy lesson on
how to drop spin with spinning instructor Devon.
Learn how to:
- Draft Fiber
- Twist Fiber
- Spin Fiber
1:00-2:00 Learn to Crochet with Tammy Haller
Dip your toes into the art of crocheting and learn how
to make a basic dish cloth using the chain, single
crochet and slip stitch.
- 100% (or at least 75%) cotton worsted weight
- Crochet hook at least 1 size smaller than recommen-
ded for the yarn (typically size H (5mm) or I (5.5mm)).
2:00-3:00 Needle Felting Demo with Tammy Haller
In this ½ hour demonstration learn about the tools and
materials used for needle felting 3-D sculptures and
needle felted applique. In addition, some useful tips
and tricks will be discussed and demonstrated.
3:00-4:00 Spinning Wheel Demo with Devon Yorkshire
Spinning instructor Devon Yorkshire will be
demonstrating how to spin fiber into yarn; she will be
spinning lace weight yarn on her Kromski Sonata
Call (412) 832-0657 to reserve your space!