Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Meet the Yarns By Design team- Part One

Over the next few blog posts you'll get to meet the Yarns By Design team. 

First up is Michelle who joined our team Winter 2016. You can usually find her at the boutique on Saturdays working the floor and assisting you with your knitting needs. 
Meet Michelle!
Michelle became interested in knitting over 10 years ago when her youngest started first grade and would be gone all day.  When asked how she became interested in knitting she said, "my local YMCA was offering a free class and I thought…why not? I won't say I was hooked right away but I stuck with it and it has become therapeutic for me." "If I'm sitting, my knitting is in my lap" she continues.   
One of Michelle's work in progress. 
When Michelle isn't knitting she is busy with her  family which consists of husband James, teen aged daughters Allyson and Meghan and dog Cha-cha.  She enjoys being outdoors flower gardening and bird watching.  "Fitness is also extremely important to me", she says. "I swim laps Monday through  Friday and run on the weekends.  I also squeeze in a bike ride when I can. I volunteer with Meals on Wheels on Wednesdays."
Knitted hats. 
Her favorite place to knit is on her back porch with her dog at her feet and a glass of iced tea beside her. Her most elaborate project was a baby blanket knitted and sold to a friend to give as a gift.  
Socks handmade by Michelle
Her tips to fellow knitters: "Stick with it if you are just beginning.  Ask more experienced knitters as many questions as you can and don't be afraid to rip a project out and start over.  There isn't a mistake that I haven't been able to fix."
Another project by Michelle
 Stop in to the boutique and say hello to Michelle. Interested in learning to knit or crochet and "stick with it"? Click here for our class information!

No comments:

Post a Comment